Sunday, March 21, 2021

I enjoyed stitching The Gawthorpe Needlecase by Jenny Adin-Christie so much that it was only a matter of time before I worked on another of her kits. As with the previous kit, The Peacock, is beautifully packaged and contains a selection of delicious threads, crystals, and beads. The design employs a number of different techniques, all clearly explained in the instructions. The peacock was a joy to make and I am really pleased with him. The Mariner’s Compass was made during a six week on-line course by Cynthia Jackson.
© Carol-Anne Conway

The Mariner's Compass
© Carol-Anne Conway

Saturday, March 20, 2021

Pam's Fish

Finally, finished and stuffed.
© Pam Blackley-Goble

Friday, March 19, 2021

Lynn's Elephant

I really enjoyed making the elephant and adding lots of embellishments including old earrings, beads and sequins.
© Lynn Pilgrim

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Jane's Tulips

Finished. I really enjoyed doing these and I’m currently searching for a box frame to present them in. They are too floppy to hang on their own. I might end up making a bouquet!
© Jane Treavis

Sunday, March 14, 2021

Ticia's Bird

Another finished bird started with Nikki. However I struggled with the tension on my bobbin so the back is not neat in parts, especially the tail!! Good fun though!!
© Ticia Lever

Saturday, March 13, 2021

Meryl's Tulips

I’ve finished stitching my tulips! I’m trying to decide how to mount/display it, so haven’t stuffed them yet
© Meryl Bird

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Sue's Bird

My first proper attempt at machine embroidery! Not sure what bird this is but colourful.
© Sue Hollebone

Friday, March 5, 2021

Amanda's Fish

Finished, with the addition of a dragonfly, and now hanging in the window.
Fish & Dragonfly
© Amanda Smith

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Jo's Oxford Bird

An Oxford lockdown bird....a rare breed created after the Workshop with Nikki....I had to dig out the hand sewing machine and after some serious backwards and forwards this bird arrived...I decided to stuff the body a little and back with paper. I really enjoyed doing this so thank-you Nikki and the Oxford Guild.
© Jo Edwards

Monday, February 15, 2021

Margaret's Seahorse

Here is my completed seahorse. I decided not to stuff him, but to make him virtually double-sided so when I hang him up in the window both passersby outside and we inside get a good view to look at! The first image is the front view, followed by a detail to show the beading by the eyes etc. The final one shows the back view. Really enjoyed doing this workshop even though I didn't do as much surface stitching as was suggested.

© Margaret Craig

Friday, February 12, 2021

Judy's Butterfly

I have not yet cut between the wings. I will look at hanging in a window to see if it will catch the light. A fun project.
© Judy Siemers

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Karen's Seahorse

A great workshop. I spent a lovely afternoon, snug in my workroom and finished the stitching. I think it might be a ‘Daddy’ seahorse as he has a little fat tummy (holding all the babies!) I took several photographs on different backgrounds and under different lighting – amazing how different it looks!

© Karen Rowe