Friday, December 11, 2020

Outcomes from Maria Thomas Workshop

This is my finished creation. It's made from a remnant and the appliqué aspects are from my pre-loved oddity drawer which includes pyjama off cuts, hand dyed experiments with turmeric and a woollen star cut off some slippers the dog ate! The plant stem flowers came to represent my family who now live all over the country and we can't meet right now so Zoom keeps us together. I wanted to make something that represents the larger social change and the smaller familial change that has happened this year so it won’t be forgotten. The jacket is lined with a letter from my daughter, a recipe for chocolate cake (essential) and my first address in Oxford. Thank you Oxford Embroiderers Guild for being so creatively inspirational and welcoming.

The Jacket
© Jo Edwards

No comments: